Thursday, September 24, 2009

Penny Panties - Nope I'm not kidding

"Think Swoopo meets Victoria Secret," the latest penny auction site (sigh) is none other than Penny Panties - a niche site akin to PennyPurses and PennyLaptop, which specializes in, you guessed it, women's panties. Penny Panties hasn't launched yet and they have Google Adwords on their site which makes me wonder if they are serious.

I've often dreamed of making a spoof penny auction site. I almost did after seeing The Auction Squirrel, I was going to call it The Auction Beaver with the tagline "Woodn't you like to win!" Penny Panties has the tagline "Not how your grandmother bought panties." If I hadn't just seen sites like The Auction Squirrel and Poor Daddy's Penny Auction House go live I would have certainly believed Penny Panties to be a spoof, but alas I don't think there is anything in the penny auction universe that can surprise me anymore.

Penny Panties has an email sign-up list if you feel so inclined.

1 comment:

  1. Show of hands: who here was just relieved they were selling new panties?

    ReplyDelete