Friday, July 31, 2009

Comprehensive Review of Penny Auction Sites

To follow-up on my last post about the importance of picking a credible penny auction site, my next few posts will feature a comprehensive review of all the penny auction sites we know about. If you know of another site, feel free to add it in the comments or send me an email (pennyauctionguy1@gmail.com) and we'll add it to the list. Let me preface this post by saying I was really surprised by the findings of this study. Over the past few months that I have been following penny auctions, I feel there is a new penny auction site popping up every time I turn on my computer. In looking at the data however, the majority of these newcomers have awful user interfaces which appear to come from the same box software package, low site traffic, frustrating practices and polices and many appear as though they could go out of business at any moment.

Here is a timeline of the 24 penny auction sites we were able to get hard data on. Note that we know only the month auctions started significant operations and not the day. Therefore, the placement of sites within a month does not indicate the order in which sites started in that month, but is an arbitrary placement for aesthetic value.






An earlier version of this timeline incorrectly placed Zoozle's start date as June, 2008. We have been informed by the founder that Zoozle actually launched in March, 2009.

1 comment:

  1. In the penny auction community swipe bids is commonly known for being the most crooked site out there. Just a suggestion get rid of them as a advertiser and might get noticed more.

    ReplyDelete