Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Auction Squirrel Goes Live


I spent a few minutes over at The Auction Squirrel shortly after their launch at noon today. There were only three or four people bidding at most and I noticed a few usernames from other auction sites like janyce16 and drbud57, however, I also read on the Penny Auction Watch forum that there are now some copycat usernames out there, so I don't know if we are talking about the "real" janyce16 and drbud57. I also noticed that on the auction for the Bed Bath & Beyond giftcard (pictured below), the site stalled at 1 second and never recovered. I stayed on the page for about 30 seconds and when I hit refresh the card was gone. I suppose drbud57, who was the high bidder at the time, won that one. It's hard to fault the site for being a bit glitchy on the first day, if Blogger wasn't writing the code on this site I'm sure there would be lots of bugs. Either way, with such low bidding activity it looks like there are some good deals to be had, that is if drbud57 let's you win anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment